Tuesday 27 May 2014

World's Smallest Review

I was working on this week's review but I had a change of plans. That change came in the mail today and so I just had to share my latest online find. If you have read previous reviews (and you should be) I have not held back in saying that my favourite character to collect is Starscream. If they give any figure that name, chances are I will be interested.

This purchase is no different, but with a little extra. Not only did I add to my Starscream collection, but I also received a World's Smallest Acid Storm. When researching these guys I found that they could go into two different categories. The first being that they are Knock Offs of the original releases of WSTransformers. The second and a far better description is that these figures being WST 2.0.


The reason I would prefer calling these guys WST 2.0 is for the Null Rays. With the first run of WST the Null Rays were a closer representation to their G1 counterparts. The 2.0 version have Null Rays closer to the one that came with the Classics/Generations Seeker mould. Outside of that one main difference, they appear to be almost identical to WST 1.0.



I feel no need to explain the transformation process, it is identical to the original GI releases, or even the KO versions I reviewed earlier. There is one additional piece of toy engineering that I did not expect in a figure of this size. Hidden inside the nose cone is a front landing gear that flips down and eliminates the chance of losing a very tiny part. Now the designers did eliminate all concerns with losing parts. The fists slide onto the arm nubs, just like the G1 and KO versions, but if lost will be far harder to locate.


Along with all the little plastic goodness, there were stickers that needed to be applied. I don't know exactly what it is about stickers that makes me happy. It could be a little piece of my childhood appearing once again, it could be the fact that I can look at the figure and say to myself, yes I put those on. Now I did do one slight change, I did not like the Decepticon symbols that were meant for Acid Storm, so I went with different ones that I had available.


The colours are spot on to the original Starscream in both Robot and Jet modes. Even though there was never a official G1 version of Acid Storm but if there were, I'm sure they would be spot on too. There are a couple of flaws that need to be addressed. The first being are the hollow parts in the robot legs and under the nose cone. With the hollow bits in the nose you can never have a acceptable Conehead. The stickers that did come with the figures are slightly off cut,  and they do lose some of the details that were present on the sticker sheet when applied.


All in all, I am happy with my find and purchase. The amount of detail in these little guys is impressive. The panel details, the Null Rays and you can almost make out the majority of the face details. Of course at this scale other details had to be omitted but there are far more overall than I expected. The only real poseibility is in the arms and with the upgrade to ball joints versus a pivot point so the range is far greater than just in and out.

I thought when I first started this tiny review, I would have more little jokes but I feel I just came up short in that task. Oh well there is always next time.

TheRealRonin
Like Transformers Reviews on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment